Modeus, located at Modeus BV, Jan van Krimpenweg 7M, 2031 CE Haarlem, is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
Modeus BV, Jan van Krimpenweg 7M, 2031 CE Haarlem
+31 88 786 3536
Personal data we process:
Modeus processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you provide them to us. Below is an overview of the personal data we process:
– First and last name
– Address details
– Telephone number
– Email address
– Bank account number
– IP address
– Other personal data that you actively provide, for example, by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence, and by phone
– Location data
– Information about your activities on our website
– Internet browser and device type
– List of customer contact details via an app
Special and/or sensitive personal data we process:
Our website and/or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors under the age of 16 unless they have permission from parents or guardians. However, we cannot check if a visitor is over 16. We therefore advise parents to be involved in their children’s online activities to prevent data collection without parental consent. If you believe we have collected personal data about a minor without consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete this information.
The purposes and legal basis for processing personal data:
Modeus processes your personal data for the following purposes:
– Sending our newsletter and/or advertising brochure
– To call or email you if necessary to perform our services
– To inform you about changes to our services and products
– To offer you the option to create an account
– Payment processing
– Delivery of goods and services
– To comply with a legal obligation, such as the Tax Act
– Modeus analyzes your behavior on the website to improve the website and tailor the range of products and services to your preferences.
Modeus does not make any decisions based on automated processing.
How long we store personal data:
Modeus does not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected. We store data for a maximum of 7 years due to tax compliance.
When we have no ongoing legitimate interest in processing your personal data, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in the backup archives) we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Sharing personal data with third parties:
Modeus does not sell your data to third parties and only provides it if necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. With companies that process your data on our behalf, we conclude a processor agreement to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. Modeus remains responsible for these processing operations.
Cookies, or similar techniques, we use:
These cookies are called _utma, _utmz, _ga, _gid, attribution_x_, Grm-google tag manager and Cfduid – pingdom
These cookies are called _utma, _utmz, _ga, gid, attribution_x, Grm-google tag manager, Cfduid – pingdom, and include HubSpot’s specific cookies such as __hstc, hubspotutk, __hssc, __hssrc, and __hs_opt_out.
Viewing, modifying, or deleting data:
You have the right to view, correct, or delete your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to data processing or object to the processing of your personal data by Modeus and have the right to data portability. This means you can request us to send the personal data we have about you in a computer file to you or another organization named by you. You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request withdrawal of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com. To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your identification document with the request. In this copy, please redact your photograph, MRZ (machine-readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number, Citizen Service Number (BSN)/Social Security Number to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, but within four weeks. Modeus also wishes to inform you that you have the option to file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens). This can be done via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
How we secure personal data:
Modeus takes the protection of your data seriously and implements appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure, and unauthorized modification. If you feel that your data is not well secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact our customer service or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Modeus has taken the following measures to secure your personal data:
– Security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall.
– TLS (formerly SSL) We send your data via a secure internet connection. This can be seen on the address bar ‘https’ and the padlock in the address bar.
– DKIM, SPF, and DMARC are three internet standards we use to prevent you from receiving emails in our name that contain viruses, are spam, or are intended to obtain personal (login) information.
– DNSSEC is an additional security (in addition to DNS) for converting a domain name to its associated IP address; it is provided with a digital signature. You can have that signature automatically checked. This way, we prevent you from being redirected to a false IP address.